The alloys for aluminum car body frames include: 2000 series with the highest copper content and high hardness, 5000 series mainly containing magnesium elements and 6000 series with high magnesium silicon content, good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance. Different stress-bearing parts of the car body will use different series of aluminum body panel, profiles, pipes and high-performance cast aluminum.
Skeleton part: It is the most stressed part of the body, which is made of 2000 or 7000 series.
Outer panel: It is the secondary stress-bearing part of the body, made of 5000 series or 6000 series like 6061 aluminum alloy.
Car door: It is made of 5000 or 6000 series.
Car floor plate: It is made of 5000 or 6000 series.
The surface quality of aluminum alloy processed by ordinary stamping process is poor, and the yield rate is low (only about 70%), which cannot meet the requirements of high precision, high reliability, high efficiency and low defect manufacturing of body parts. reliability, high efficiency and low defect manufacturing of body parts.
The hydroforming technology of automobile body parts has been widely used in the automobile industry of developed countries such as Europe, America, Japan and South Korea. The maximum pressure of the equipment has reached 400 MPa, and the inner and outer panels of car doors and fenders are processed.
Compared with the stamping process, the advantages of the hydroforming process are as follows:
(1) Reduce the blank size and save materials;
(2) Increase the forming limit and reduce the forming passes;
(3) The surface quality and dimensional accuracy of parts like 5754 h111 aluminum are greatly improved;
(4) Reduce the number and cost of supporting molds;
(5) Reduce the amount of subsequent machining and assembly welding;
(6) Parts with complex shapes, large degrees of deformation, and high integrity requirements can be formed.
Tags: aluminum body panels ,
Prev:5182 Race Car Body Aluminum Sheets
Next:What Is The Thickness of Outer Shell Panels of Cars